Free Two-Part Workshop - Make an Orange Shirt Day Pin
In recognition of and preparation for Orange Shirt Day and the National Day of Truth & Reconciliation on September 30, Dal Libraries presents a free two-part workshop to make Orange Shirt Day pins.
Instructional Support Technician Michelle McDonald, a beader from Sipekne’katik, is offering a two-part, in-person beading workshop where participants will learn how to bead their own pin.
- Free! All materials are supplied.
- Sign-up required: You must commit to attending both workshops in person in the Ko’jua Okuom at the Killam Memorial Library. When you sign up for this workshop (registration button below) you will be auto-enrolled in the second session on September 28.
- Beginners welcome! It is also very helpful if you have sewing or embroidery experience.
- Tools to bring: (Suggested) Due to the bead size, it may be helpful to bring a pair of magnifying glasses.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 Show more dates
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Ko'jua Okuom (1st floor, Killam Memorial Library)