Orange Shirt Day Pin Beading Workshop (in-person, two sessions)
Orange Shirt Day, which is now also the National Day for Truth & Reconciliation, is coming up on September 30. In preparation for that important date, Michelle McDonald, a beader originally from Sipekne'katik who is an Instructional Support Technician with the Dalhousie Libraries, is offering an in-person beading workshop where participants will learn how to bead their own Orange Shirt Day pin.
What to know in advance:
- All materials will be supplied. There is no cost to attend.
- Only sign up if you can attend BOTH sessions of the workshop in person in the Ko’jua Okuom in the Killam Memorial Library (Sept. 14 AND 21 from 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.).
- Beginners are welcome. It is helpful if you have sewing or embroidery experience, but it is not required.
- Due to the small size of the beads, you may find it helpful to bring an additional pair of magnifying glasses, etc.
Alt-text for image: An Orange Shirt Day pin in progress. Photo by Michelle McDonald.
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Ko'jua Okuom (1st floor, Killam Memorial Library)
REGISTERING FOR THIS WORKSHOP COVERS REGISTRATION FOR BOTH DATES:
Wednesday, September 14, 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
Wednesday, September 21, 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.